11.15.2011

AUTUMNISH CLASSROOM DOOR



A friend pointed this classroom decor idea out to me on Pinterest, and I thought I'd give it a try. It looked simple enough. 




After putting it together, I was thinking it didn't look exactly like my inspiration, but it was still cute. 

That is...until the students walked in the door that first morning. Their reactions deflated any improper pride I had over my creation. 

"...Creepy..."
"Whoa. What is THAT?"
"Is it a pilgrim?"
"No, it's a pioneer!"
"It's a CAT!"

We had an unplanned mini lesson on scarecrows, and I think we're now all squared away as to what the heck our door is supposed to be. 


A CAT???
Hmph.  



2 comments:

Jacob and Krista Flamm said...

Love it... and I can tell what it is! What a great idea... gotta love pinterest! ;)

Anonymous said...

Great idea! It's a beautiful scarecrow to me. I'd like to decirate the front of my house like that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...