4.12.2012

ANTARCTICA CRAFT & BULLETIN BOARD

We spent the week reading about Shackleton's Antarctic Adventure. (If you haven't watched the movie about this true, incredibly inspiring survival story, put it on your Netflix queue today.) As a super fast, easy culminating activity, we made these penguins:

TP Roll wrapped in black construction paper, a white tummy, black wings, and a face. Some added feet too. I provided no templates...just scrap paper. The kids took care of the rest. 




They were displayed on a simple bulletin board with a map I enlarged on the copier and photographs of other Antarctic animals. 

Easy peasy.




3 comments:

Nick and Sarah Leonard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nick and Sarah Leonard said...

These penguins are so cute and I LOVE how your house is coming along. I wish I could see it in person. We are building a small house this summer. Right now I'm planning on painting the walls gray so I was excited to see it in the pictures of your house! It looks beautiful. I love your ideas on Pinterest. You may have noticed I've repined a TON of them!

Anonymous said...

just dropping by to say hey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...