12.20.2011

BE-YOU-TIFUL

At church, I work with the teenage girls. For Christmas, the adult leaders made these signs for the girls as gifts. 



I volunteered to get the wood. Andrew and I happen to have a lot of it hanging around these days. We cut scrap wood and routered the edges to look pretty. 

Understand that I use the term "we" loosely. I have a great fear of tools with the ability to permanently remove appendages from my body. 



Then, I distressed the edges with sandpaper. 



Next, the leaders all met to modge podge the letters on. The YW President had cut them out using her Cricut. 
.
(in case you're interested, she used the fonts Rage Italic for the cursive letters and Andalus for the rest.)  



I love the emphasis on the fact that being uniquely you is what makes you beautiful...not by how you compare to others. I don't think young woman hear that enough. 
.
Each sign was made using different colors and designs...as if to further illustrate this point. 


Then I took tags with this quote...
(also made by our super creative YW President



And tied them to each sign with ribbon.



All ready to go!

I think the girls really liked picking out their own. I thought I'd pass this idea along to others in the Young Women organization for Christmas or birthday gift ideas...or just anyone with a young lady in their life. 

Our inspiration came from here. I'm sure you can find similar ones all over the Internet for ideas.





14 comments:

Dacia said...

Love all the pictures you took. Thanks again for all the work you put into making them! You're awesome!

Breanna said...

These are amazing! I want one! I am sure the girls love them too!

Katie said...

These are gorgeous! I found these on Pinterest!

Bonnie said...

So very cute. I found theses on pinterest. I think we will do these as an activity before our stake standards night where we will listen to girls who founded beauty redefined movement come speak to us.

Bonnie said...

Also, could you find out what fonts she used and email me at bonbon251 at gmail? Thanks so much.

Makell and David said...

I found these on pintrest and would also like to know the font and the wonderful quote u used on the tag. Where can I find it? Makellmarie@hotmail.com

Tiffany said...

What a great inspirational sign. Yet another thing I'll be pinning and making. :)

Tammy @ she wears flowers said...

I love this! I am starting to see things that are similar out in craftland, but this is, by far, the best! Thanks for sharing!

Suzanne said...

I know this is an older post, but as the mother of two teenaged girls, i just had to reply. Thank you for posting it and for sharing the message. I am going to do this for my girls and may mention it on my blog if that is okay with you. I will refer everyone to your blog, (this link specifically) on your amazing blog when I do:) If you would rather I didn't write about this, please let me know. No worries:)
Blessings,
Suzanne

Rochelle Barlow said...

about how big were the boards? We are making these exact signs for YWIE and I've got to buy and cut the wood tonight!!

Carissa said...

What font size did you use? What size did you cut the boards to?

Carissa said...

What font size did you use? What size did you cut the boards to?

Anonymous said...

Do you remember the font you used on these boards? Thanks

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love these!!!!! Thank you for the idea :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...