2.01.2009

Snowboarding!

Andrew has been wanting to get into it for awhile now. (I personally had no desire to go careening down a mountain to my death in the freezing weather.) But we recently acquired snowboarding gear for both of us at an amazing price (I got my board, bindings, and boots...in amazing condition...for 50 bucks!) , and so we had to go out and try them.
I didn't want to pay money to go to a mountain where fifty snowboarding experts could laugh at my pain, so we practiced on deserted hills outside of Rexburg. (The no ski lift thing, however, may convince me otherwise pretty soon.)
Growing up in Arizona provided me with more opportunities to play in water that wasn't frozen. However, I was pretty pleased with myself considering it was my first time everon the snow. And despite all my whining...I honestly thought it was really fun. Now I just need to get past my overwhelming desire to sit down every time I start to gain any real speed. I'm excited to go again.

3 comments:

Corrine said...

sounds like lots of fun!! :) And thanks for coming last night is was so nice to see you again!! Take care and I'll see ya soon!

Dot said...

Gosh Rachel--you have a real talent in writing!

Tanaya and Tim said...

I am so proud of you for being a good sport in the snow. I think I would have had the same attitude as you in the beginning. And all those things for such a great deal!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...