7.16.2010

MY PEACE I GIVE UNTO YOU

.
.



One of National Geographic's Best 100 photos. I love the srength and steadiness with which the lion walks into the wind.
.
I've noticed a trend lately. My friends, family, and acquaintances are teeming with big, scary changes in their lives...looming unknowns that have to be taken on in faith. I sympathize, and I have to be honest: I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one! It gives me hope somehow.
.
We are currently working on some changes that could possibly alter our life in every possible way. I'm trying not to freak out completely. And whether or not it works out the way we planned, it is going to take a toll on our finances. We are not in a place to share much about it just yet (aren't I cruel?), but I wanted to to record my feelings in this blog journal. (No offense my friends, but I keep this Internet record more for my sanity than for your entertainment.)
.
.

In times such as these, when I am overwhelmed by worry, doubt and fear about making ends meet and everything turning out (I think way too much)...I turn to this scripture. It's my balm in Gilead. It puts this mortal life back into perspective. I mean, the Lord has guided and cared for me in miraculous ways in the past! Why would He stop now?
.
.
. .

...Therefore I say unto you, take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
.
Behold the fowls of the air, for they sow not, neither do they reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
.
And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin;
.
.
And yet I say unto you, that even Solomon, in all his glory, was not arrayed like one of these.
.
Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, even so will he clothe you, if ye are not of little faith.
.
Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
.
For your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
.
But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.
.
Take therefore no thought for the morrow, for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient is the day unto the evil thereof.
.
3 Nephi 13: 25-34
.

.
.
.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh, Rachel. What perfect timing this blog entry was. Thank you very much.

Katie Koivisto said...

Thanks!!!! Always remember that your Heavenly Father knows you better then you know yourself (I'm sure you knew that already:)) And that if it's part of his plan, it will all work out:) There were so many times where Jyri and I prayed and prayed for something, only to never receive it... but later down the road we realized how BIG of a blessing it was that we never got it.... hopefully ya got that:).... and the same goes the other way around too:) Good luck with what ever it is and know that there are people in this little blog world who are praying for ya:) Ok, hopefully that's not too much rambeling:)

Erin said...

Amen. I pray the Lord will be with you.

Anonymous said...

I have interpret a few of the articles on your website trendy, and I extremely like your fashionableness of blogging. I added it to my favorites net page list and last will and testament be checking back soon. Will contain out of order my site as well and leave to me know what you think. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...