My Weekly Recap
I don't know what has been wrong with me this week, but I think my brain decided to take a vacation. I'm usually a pretty "together" kind of gal. But in a week's time, all of the following occurred as a result of my thoughtlessness:
- I lost my keys while making some church Relief Society home visits one night. Andrew was gone at his own meetings, so a friend spent an hour helping me retrace my steps back to every house we had visited. Never did find them. Later that night, as I was telling Andrew about my horrible evening, he just looked at me like I was CrAzY. He simply reminded me he had dropped me off at my meetings. So of course, he had the keys the whole time in order to be driving the car. I wanted to die.
- On two separate occasions, I had to break into my house, because I had left the keys locked inside. I won't tell you exactly how, but I will say: it wasn't easy. Especially in a skirt.
- We planned to leave early in order to drive down to Utah for Erin's wedding. On our way out the door, I realized I had left my purse at work. I had to have my temple recommend for the wedding, so we drove back to get it. To make a long story short, we drove back and forth between work and school three times in search of that stupid, stinkin' thing. Wanna know where I eventually found it? On the hook at home where I always keep it. I never even brought it to work in the first place. We left for Utah two hours later than planned.
- I made the bed with the quilt going the wrong direction. It looked completely ridiculous dragging on the carpet on either side of the bed and hardly long enough for our feet on the other. But I didn't even noticed until Andrew made fun of me as we were going to bed that night.
- After all that, I locked my keys in the car just as Andrew left for the evening. So after breaking into my house AGAIN...I called a locksmith and was given a quote of 50 bucks. No way, José. Luckily, Andrew was able to break in the car when he got home at around 11 o'clock, and we didn't have to waste that money on my stupidity.
On the other hand, I think my brain reappeared in time for Parent-Teacher Conferences. They went really well! I felt confident, capable, and didn't have any mean, defensive parents yelling at me this time! Hooray!
And the best part is they're all over with.
Until January anyway. But the district even gave us Friday off to make up for our long days! Double Hooray!
Cute door! That's great that they gave you Friday off. You gals deserve it! I can't believe you lost your keys so many times! How crazy.
Post a Comment