11.17.2010

WEBSITE WEDNESDAY--scherenshnitte

Scherenschnitte
This is a paper cutting blog that I love to check in on every once in a while. Cindy has done pretty well with her art, putting on whole gallery shows, with only her exacto-knife and paper. She even offers free printable templates so you can attempt it yourself. Find all of them HERE
.
I think I'd like to try my hand sometime soon. What great handmade gifts for Christmas! 

Which ones are your favorites?




{Cheshire Cat}
She's done alot of fairy tale paper cuts.





{Alice in Wonderland}
ha!





{Mad Hatter Tea Party}
[teacups_sm.jpg]
Center piece and place cards. 




{The Silence}
I love that you can see above and below ground in one glance





{Wynken, Blynken, and Nod}
Remember this poem?





{Stygian Witches}

Fun one!





{Watership Down}
[bunnies_sm.jpg]
Isn't it fun what we can see that the girl can't?





{It's a Lovely Cage}
I don't really understand this one...but bars of the cage are sure beautiful.





{Because They Have Taken Away my Lord}
So delicate! Her hand, the clouds, the plants on the wall...





{The Frog Prince}
This one is 3-D in a shadow box.





{The Woman at the Well}
[womanatwell.jpg]
I love her silhouettes from the scriptures.





{It Taught me to Hope}
[prideandprejudice_xsm.jpg]
Any Pride and Prejudice fans out there?





{Thank You Card Silhouette}
[ty_silhouette.jpg]
Doesn't she come up with the most lovely designs?





{Woman with an Issue of Blood}
[issue.jpg]
This story in the scriptures has sacred meaning to me, and it was done so beautifully. I love that you can actually see the virtue of Christ healing her, as if seeing with spiritual eyes. 





{Rooks}
[rooks_sm.jpg]
Isn't it amazing she cut this out of paper??





{Birds on a Wire}
[birdsonawire_sm.jpg]
So simple. Yet one of my favorites. 




2 comments:

Erin said...

So COOL! I hope you do try your hand at it! I would like to see what you come up with.

Adriana Sales Zardini said...

Hello! I really liked your silhouettes! I would like to know if they are available for download.
Thank you,

Adriana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...