6.13.2011

WEEK OF SUMMER

Summer already seems to be flying by too fast. But are we ever staying busy!

It's been nothing short of glorious.



The epitome of manliness: Andrew off to build stuff.

He marched out of the house singing "I've Been Working on the Railroad" at the top if his lungs.



I babysat my cousin's kid.

We sat in my living room, and stared awkwardly at each other for several minutes. Then, because I couldn't think of anything else to do, I grabbed my camera and took a picture.



Apparently, she thought that was pretty funny. Thanks to the icebreaker, we got along just fine afterward.



I've been all sorts of crafty this week.

For example, I bought this thrift store table with a vision. The transformation turned out BEAUTIFULLY...but you'll have to stay tuned for the reveal in another post.



We bought thirteen trees on Saturday at 5 dollars a piece. Not a bad deal, I'd say...even at itty-bitty heights of 3-6 feet tall. Poplar, red maple, spruce, and chokecherry.

We'll get them into our new piece of ground this fall.



I consider myself a pretty good teacher. I get those third graders whipped into shape in no time! But handling three-year-olds is a whole different ball game. This sunbeam calling has been really, really hard for me.

It's my experience that you have a calling as long as it takes for you to love it. Then you get released.

I plan to learn to love this calling real fast.



And of course, this week's progress on the house.



Footings have been poured.



Framing should start up in the next couple days!





1 comment:

Rach said...

Sounds like such a dreamy summer! So excited to see more and more of your house, I'm sure it's going to be amazing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...