2.04.2010

PLAYING HOUSE

.
.
.
*Rachel Meynder's Blog Header
.
I've been meaning to bring up the blog of Rachel Meynders for awhile now. It's my favorite. She's a hip, LDS, stay-at-home mother of 2, in the Portland area. Her blog makes me happy for several reasons:
.

1. She paints such a beautiful, honest picture of what young, every-day family life is really like. It's not always easy, fun, or glamorous (think along
the lines of baby barf and laundry)
...but she still manages to find joy, humor, and artistry in even the simplest of situations.

.

2. She can make me laugh, smile, cry, sigh, or think deep thoughts. I like the mix of silly and significant.

.

3. Rachel gives depth and distinction to the homemaker's life that I appreciate in this cynical society of ours.

.

4. I love how she can transform the mundane into something truly entertaining. Like, the shoes she wore to the grocery store? Or last night's
dinner? Somehow, she totally makes me care.

.

5. I like her pictures. They're unique. Often times, they have the ability to tell the entire story or convey the overall mood without any words whatsoever.

.

6. She's creative. She'll occasionally post fun crafts, recipes, etc.

.

7. She keeps it simple, short, and sweet.

.

8. She blogs every day. I like being able to count on the fact that she'll have something new and different each time I check up on her cute family.
.
.

.

I thought I might as well pass it on to you fine people. Hurry and check out the blog HERE now! I bring it up because Rachel is going private on Sunday. If it looks like something you'd like to stay in touch with...leave her your e-mail for an invite. She's super chill about it. As she said in her last post:
.

"Let me know if you want in on this action! Whether I know you or not. (don't feel weird if I don't, we all blog stalk.)."
.
.

I see blogs of note, give out 'awards' to other blogs that they deem worthy of recognition. I experimented with an award button that turned out kind of pretty, I guess. I just couldn't find a way to word it that would appear in any way, I don't know...desirable. I mean, I do not have a blog of note. Why would anyone want to advertise that they've been acknowledged by little 'ol me??
.
.
.
I mean, seriously.
.
.
So, sorry Rachel. No fancy award. Just know:
I think your blog is pretty darn cool.

.
.

.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...