10.11.2010

TUTORIAL TUESDAY-autumn garland

.
.
This week I made something autumn-y. I had the time off from work, and I was feeling inspired by the fall-feeling rain.

I took a cheap-o clearance garland of fall leaves....




And some of this green tulle I got for a few dollars...




And wound them both together.





Then, I took these fancy leaves that I found at a craft store...
.
.
.

painted pretty metallic colors...




And randomly attached them to the garland to add fullness and give it a more formal look.
.
.
.

I attached them using old twisty ties, disguised with bits of tulle wrapped around them.




Next, I gathered some fancy ribbon I had gleaned from past Christmas gifts.




And to hold everything together, I tied bows every foot or so along the garland...




...In alternating colors.




Finally, I climbed on this crazy contraption Andrew had set up for me, watched my life flash before my eyes...
.
.
.
And successfully draped my new creation over the living room mirror. Kinda pretty, huh?
.
The entire project cost me about 10 bucks !




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...