5.28.2011

NOW WHAT?



The play is over, report cards are delivered, and students are gone for the summer.



The classroom is all packed up.



Or pushed up against one wall in anticipation for August.




{source}
On my way home that last day, I used a Christmas gift card for a massage. 
.
I think I'd be willing to trade my first born child for another one. Maybe. 




I arrived home to where organization, dish washing, laundry, and grocery shopping of any kind has been neglected for some weeks now. 
.
I felt it was wiser to spare you the devastation.




I also noticed that I still have my Easter decorations on display through the house. 
.
I mean, that holiday was only a month ago, right?




You'd think I'd be immediately off to conquer long lists of things I can never accomplish while working full-time. But I have no motivation. 
.
And anyway, my list board seems to have been overtaken by Andrew's artistic fancies. 




Besides, as if on cue, as always happens the day after school gets out, I am sick. My body seems to wait for me to have time for illness in my life. 
.
Very courteous, don't you think? 
.
So, if you need me, I'll be here on my bed in a flu/mental anxiety-induced catatonic state. I'll probably be here for a few days...






3 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh, I'm sorry you don't feel well! If I was closer I would bring you chicken soup, tulips, and tuck you into bed. (Andrew has probably done all those things already, however, since he seems to be pretty amazing about taking care of details :) I will send you lots of happy thoughts, however, and I hope you get better soon so that you can get busy writing stories about your summer adventures.

Andrea said...

Wow! What a relief to be done!
My body does the same thing....go, go, go and then crash.
Wishing you lots of rest!

Sandy -- As Told By Mommy said...

Hey girl...I am going to start posting links to my favorite blogs as blog posts...yours is my favorite...so can I share your blog???

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...