6.02.2011

SUMMER PARADISE

I cannot even express the joy of being home all day.
Quiet. Calm. With lots of time to do...whatever the heck I want.

For example, I can't remember the last time I made myself a beautiful lunch, sat down, and ate it. Without the phone ringing, cafeteria duty to be to, kids needing to make-up work, lessons to plan, materials to gather, papers to grade, messes to clean, copies to make, e-mails to answer, and band aids to apply.



I can arrange flowers from my yard and be at home to enjoy them.



I can spend all morning weeding and seeding and enjoying the sunshine.



I can get started arranging past blog entries into a printed book.
{Something I've wanted to do for a long time. And what a great family journal/scrapbook to have!}


I can even sit at my window and watch that tree go from this...



to this...in less than twenty-four hours.



The best thing is that I have the time to take pointless pictures of weeds and daydream on a piece of land that Andrew and I own as of 8am this morning.

That's right. Breaking ground this afternoon.

Boo-ya, baby! It's gonna be a great summer.




1 comment:

Andrea said...

CONGRATULATIONS on the property!! That is awesome and huge and exciting!
Thanks for the card. I'm glad the song made you laugh. It's pretty much a guarantee with a silly song sung in a silly voice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...