6.02.2011

SUMMER PARADISE

I cannot even express the joy of being home all day.
Quiet. Calm. With lots of time to do...whatever the heck I want.

For example, I can't remember the last time I made myself a beautiful lunch, sat down, and ate it. Without the phone ringing, cafeteria duty to be to, kids needing to make-up work, lessons to plan, materials to gather, papers to grade, messes to clean, copies to make, e-mails to answer, and band aids to apply.



I can arrange flowers from my yard and be at home to enjoy them.



I can spend all morning weeding and seeding and enjoying the sunshine.



I can get started arranging past blog entries into a printed book.
{Something I've wanted to do for a long time. And what a great family journal/scrapbook to have!}


I can even sit at my window and watch that tree go from this...



to this...in less than twenty-four hours.



The best thing is that I have the time to take pointless pictures of weeds and daydream on a piece of land that Andrew and I own as of 8am this morning.

That's right. Breaking ground this afternoon.

Boo-ya, baby! It's gonna be a great summer.




1 comment:

Jeff and Andrea Ashmore Family said...

CONGRATULATIONS on the property!! That is awesome and huge and exciting!
Thanks for the card. I'm glad the song made you laugh. It's pretty much a guarantee with a silly song sung in a silly voice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...