8.27.2011

WARNING: R-Rated Post


I was alone in my classroom reading this from one of my new third graders and dying to share it with someone. This little gal made three very funny mistakes right on top of each other...each a little more shocking than the last. 

I often have to translate students' experimental spellings in my mind as I read. My thought process as I read this went something like: 


You are a nice teacher.
You are smart. 
You are cool. 
You are fun.

Aww. What a sweetie. 

Do you like...touching kids? 

Um, that's awkward. Does she mean hugging them maybe?

Do you like...whores?! 

WHAT the...?

Do you like to...ride whores??!

OH. MY. GOSH!


It was at this point that I dropped the letter and laughed out loud for a minute straight. I mean, obviously, she wasn't meaning to say those things. In case you are wondering, I'm pretty sure the correct translation is something more like:

Do you like TEACHING kids?
Do you like HORSES?
Do you like to ride HORSES?

Nonetheless, this is one letter I will be keeping forever.





4 comments:

Travis and Brittany said...

Oh my gosh that is so great! I am seriously laughing out loud! THat letter is a keeper for sure!

Sandy -- As Told By Mommy said...

Oh my gosh! You should soooo put that on fail blog! That is AWESOME!! Hahaha!

Michael and Rebecca Bates said...

That is why I always kept the notes the twins wrote! Kids write the funniest things and they don't even know it! Have fun this year!

Rebecca Bates

Spencer and Celeste said...

Love it!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...