4.09.2009

What the Heck??!


.
I got home today to this in my living room. I had never seen it before and had no idea where it had appeared from. I stared at it in horror and panic for a good minute...praying that it wasn't an early birthday present. Andrew was conveniently not at home to explain.
.

It's not that I don't like surprises. A kitten? Good surprise. A hot pizza from Craigo's that prevents me from having to cook dinner on a Friday night? Even better surprise. A surprise, however, that requires me to regularly clean out a 20-gallon tank and remember to feed stupid, non-cuddly, personality-less creatures that stare blankly at nothing all day? Very bad surprise.
.
.
I figured Andrew knew me well enough to know this, so when Andrew came bounding home, threw out his arms, and exclaimed, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY !"

I answered, "What-ever!" with as much attitude as I could muster. This sent Andrew into a complete hysterical laughing fit as I looked on unamused. After getting up off the floor, he explained that we are just watching the fish for a week while a friend is out of town. Luckily, I know him well enough to know when Andrew's just trying to push my buttons.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Oh, this made me laugh! What a funny thing... I agree with you! Fish - not the most ideal "pet".

Erin said...

I'm still chuckling...

Travis and Brittany said...

So funny!! It made me think of a time when some friends dropped off a beta fish for you guys because they didnt want it and they were moving. Remember how happy that fish made you :) :) :) :) :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...