3.30.2010

LOVE THE BLOG

.
.
.
*The Koivisto Blog Header
.
.
.
So, I want to pass on another favorite blog of mine. (Why not pass on a good thing?) See that guy up there? That is Jyri. He is an old friend/FHE brother from 4-5 years ago. His lovely wife, Katie, is seated next to him. I only met her once...briefly at an Albertson's grocery store back when they were engaged...an event, I'm guessing, she has no recollection of.
.
However, I have been following their blog for a few months now, and I love it. Let me share why:
.
.
.
.
1. Jyri is from Finland. Katie is from Kansas. They recently graduated college in Idaho before moving across the world to Finland, where they are pregnant with their first. I am drawn by the interesting and often humorous perplexities that arise as a result of their very different cultures. (You should read the post about picking a baby name. American or Finnish?)
.
.
2. Every post title is written in English and Finnish. It's a fun, creative way to see the progress Katie is making with the new language.
.
.
3. The thought of being a new, young wife, pregnant with my first baby, and living across the ocean from everything familiar is so terrifying, that her confidence and good humor captivate me. It's like those extreme sports videos on YouTube. No matter how horrifying the content matter is to the fear center of my brain, I can't look away. Her bravery is the coolest.
.
.
4. Katie is a good writer. Funny, clever, and honest. Plus, I really am a fan of short, sweet, and to the point.
.
.
5. Her daily problems and experiences are so different from my own...and yet somehow, so similar. It's fun to peek into the life of a woman living through the same stage of life as me...yet on the opposite side of the planet.
.
.
.
.
Intrigued? Go check it out HERE. Hope you enjoy!
.
.
.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...