7.07.2010

FOURTH

.
.
.
I don't know what the rest of the country did, but here in southeast Idaho, the Fourth of July was a Third of July event. Too many darn Mormon Sabbath Day observers.
.
.
It was okay with us though. We're a couple of darn Mormons ourselves.
.
.
.
.
Keeping with tradition, we watched community members parade down our small-town main street. Here, little ones anxiously await the candy tossin' floats.
.
.
.
.
Sweet Land of Liberty
.

.
.
.We all showed up in our shorts and flip flops, but were taunted by unexpectedly chilly temperatures and overcast skies.
.
.

I took this picture in honor of my first-ever red toenails. I had never been brave enough before.
.

.
.

.Here we are on our claimed curb.
.
.
.
.
I was a fan of this group's solution for parade comfort.
.
.
.
.

Entire outfits made from newsprint. Check out those adorable dresses and tuxes!

.

.

We saw some fun things...

.

.

But nothing compared to this display of patriotism.

.

Anybody got any tots?

.

.

An annual highlight is the free milk. The adults swarm that truck worse than the kids do.
.

.

The extent of our holiday home decor

.

.

Celebrating the freedom of a day off.

.

.

Flag-lined fence.

.

.

Country pride.

.

.

Lemonade Stand.

.

.

Peaceful afternoon.

.

.

I love old barns and American Flags.
.
.

.

For the firework show, we drive half an hour to Idaho Falls. We're always shocked at how much we forget about city life.

.

.

The show draws as many as 100,000 spectators every year.

.

.

We all sit along the river near the Idaho Falls Temple.

.

.

Here's our especially reserved grassy knoll. And there's the rest of the bishopric all bundled up. I couldn't believe how COLD it was!

.

.

I had to laugh at this couple's perfect set-up for the show.
.
.

.

I guess it's the "thing to do" to bring a couch into the great outdoors in celebration of the 4th.

.

Or the 3rd. Whatever.

.

.

And as always, the show was AMAZING. I love the star-like sparkles in this shot.

.

.

I hope everyone had a happy Independence Day! Hooray for America. We live in a great land.

.

.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...