12.02.2011

READ-ALOUD BULLETIN BOARDS

Our read-aloud book last month was "Frindle" by Andrew Clements. It is such a fun read, and I love that it goes over definitions and dictionaries. We spend so much time on dictionary skills in 3rd grade that it fits perfectly with the curriculum.

This focus bulletin was easy: colored print-out of the book cover, an enlarged dictionary definition for the word frindle, and a giant butcher paper pen...er...I mean, frindle. I tried to give the cap dimension with white chalk highlights and by curling the paper slightly to look round. 


In October, our read-aloud book was the hilarious, adorable "Bunnicula" by Deborah and James Howe. I wanted to help my kiddos keep the characters straight, so I made this bulletin. I added white vegetables and my favorite quote from the story for good measure. 

Any of you teachers have favorite read-alouds to recommend? Do share!






1 comment:

susandlg said...

I read James and the Giant Peach in September. That is the author's birth-month, so I found tons of lesson plans, worksheets, crafts, and games to work on. At the end of the book, we had a Peach Party, where I invited family to come watch the movie with us, we played games, and finished the day with peach cobbler and ice cream.

In December, we read The Best Christmas Pageant Ever. A great book for December/Christmas. Since we were getting ready for our own Christmas Pageant, the book goes into great detail of the Christmas Story, and the Herdmans have great questions, too. Again, lots of activities found, and even a 1994 movie to follow it up. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...