3.31.2012

MARSHMALLOW FONDANT CAKE DECORATING



For mutual this week, the older girls in our youth group got together to decorate miniature cakes. I've never used fondant before, so it was fun to learn about. It was easy too! Marshmallows, powdered sugar, and Crisco. 

Megan Plaisted was awesome enough to host the event. It blew my mind she actually has a fondant cricut! Am I the only one who didn't know such a thing existed? 




The only problem was, it was too pretty to eat afterward. I admired it for 3-4 days before working up the nerve to cut into it. The edible glitter was my favorite. I finally justified ruining my masterpiece by pulling out the ol' camera to document it first. 

If it didn't involve eating an exorbitant amount of sugar (very little self control here when it comes to sugar), cake decorating is a hobby I could totally get into. 







1 comment:

Sandy -- As Told By Mommy said...

Ditto to you last statement. It's pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...