9.14.2010

MIGHT AS WELL BE LIVING ON THE SUN

.
.
.
As promised, here is the story of our very impromptu adventure to the first BYU game of the season.
.
.
.
.
We picked up our free tickets at the gate, and made our way to the sunniest seats in the stadium.
.
I'm sorry. Did I say sunniest seats? I meant the sweatiest, stickiest most miserably blinding-est, seats from HELL.
.
.
I don't know if I'm allowed to use that word in relation to anything BYU, but no other word comes to mind at the moment.
.
It was over 100 degrees, we were facing directly into the sun...and I guess we Idahoans have forgotten what 100 degrees feels like.
.
(Why does anyone live in Arizona, again? I forget.)
.
.
.
.
I don't know who this guy was sitting next to me, but I very nearly murdered him for his makeshift sunshade.
.
I'm telling you...the heat was brutal.
.
.
.

I sat for the first half, glaring at the sickeningly happy people in the shade on the other side of the stadium.

Punks.

.

.But then, Andrew bought me this highly overpriced, highly delicious frozen lemonade from HEAVEN itself--and my body began to return to a somewhat normal temperature.

.

.

From then on, I was finally able to relax and enjoy the game.

.

.

GO BYU FOOTBALL!!!
.

.

The only thing to annoy now were the Huskies' fans. There weren't very many of them, but they sure made their presence known to the world.

At least the event staff made these guys put their shirts back on in the first quarter.

.
.

.

They would be sure to high-five each other after every single play that was good for them and bad for us. It was so deliberate and so consistent that it became quite comical. And if they were especially cheery after a play, they would go so far as to taunt the BYU crowd around them.

I found myself rooting for BYU more than ever...just so those guys would sit down and be quiet.

.
.

.

But we did win. And everything was right again.

.
. .

Totally worth the trip. Once the sun went down, that is. Happy way to kick off the college football season!

.

.

.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...