11.28.2011

OLD, VINTAGE DOOR




Andrew's been working to remodel this old house. As a result, I have been the lucky recipient of some of the old things being torn out and thrown away. 
.
First, Andrew brought me home this door.






I was excited because, I bought this random thrifty item a long time ago, and wanted something to do with the old, vintage door knob. It fits perfectly on the door and will give it an even cooler old-fashioned look. 
.
As for what to do with the door...I have a few ideas:





I can replace the glass with a mirror and add hooks...




I can spray paint it a fun, bright color and sand it down a bit for display...




I'd like Andrew to add wooden strips to make panes. Do you think it's too weird to just lean up against a wall in the front room?




It might look cool as the front on a bookcase or cabinet...




We could build a hall tree out of it for the front entryway...




Or it could decoration over/behind a desk. Anything is prettier with a wreath hanging on the front, don't you think? 

You'll have to tell me what you think. I've even seen people hang them sideways over beds or couches. Hhmmm.






1 comment:

Mrs. Ashmore said...

I have lived in a few places where I wanted to put two or three old doors together to make a room divider...never could find old doors though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...